Decisions, decisions, decisions!!
With the use of textbook readings, and skills work sheets, we are discussing six simple steps to good decisions. Students learn how to go through the steps of making a decision. They learn how to reflect on their decisions and how to use the information to make healthy, positive choices.
- Identify the problem….what is the decision you have to make.
- Consider your values…what is important to you?
- List the options… what possible actions could you take?
- Weigh the consequences…list the pros and cons of each option.
- Decide and act….describe what you will do . explain your decision.
- Evaluate your choice…how do you feel about the action you took? did you make a good decision? would you take a different action if faced with the same situation again?